NIGHT- TIME SKIN SAVIOURS


Lately my skin has taken a somewhat ashen turn for the worse.  I'm pretty obsessed with skincare and am meticulous (most nights) about taking my make-up off so I was pretty peeved when I started to look decidedly dull one morning as I stood In front of the bathroom mirror.   That's when I decided to get serious about my night-time routine and after only two weeks of reintroducing and acid toner, a retinol treatment and facial oil I have already started to see results.  Here's what I choose....


AN ACID TONER - not pictured due to the fact that I'm currently using Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action pad for this job and they don't look pretty...but they are good!  The saliyilic acid in them sloughs away dead skin cells and leaves bright new skin underneath.  I usually use Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion but so glad I gave these a crack - all down the advice of the wonderful beauty blogger Caroline Hirons

INDEED LABS RETINOL REFACE - This is a no- frills topical Retinol product from Boots and it's brilliant.  I use it three times a week at night and the next day my skin is so soft, plump and less crinkled looking - I've actually seen a reduction in fine lines with this (yey). Goes on like a serum and as I'm not using it every night it lasts for ages.  Plus it's only £20 - which, for a retinol product is pretty darn good! 

NEALS YARD ORANGE FLOWER FACIAL OIL - an absolute beaut.  Infused with neroli oil on a base of pumpkin and olive oil this sinks into the skin and leaves it super hydrated. One of my major skincare concens is dehydration and I am   conscious too that using Retinol can potentially dry my skin a little so I smooth this on every morning and night to boost help with fine lines - it's lush, it works and it's 99% organic which I like to think balances out all of the chemically products I otherwise use.

And finally...

A BIG GLASS OF WATER BEFORE BED - it's just sense really.  Keeps you hydrated through the night & flushes out the toxins. 

What are your skincare heroes just now? 

Post a Comment

Instagram

Margaret's Blanket. Theme by STS.