FIT MAMMA #2

The past fortnight has been a killer and, due to holidays, a hen party and, let's be honest, lack of will power, not very healthy!  Here's the highlights...

FOOD

I have been trying to up my veggies and lean protein over the past week and avoid things like bread and pasta - and sugar (impossible when the week involved afternoon tea at Slaley Hall)!  It's hard!  On certain days when the baby is being a bit fussy and I'm struggling to get time to cook a full on clean feast, carb rich foods are so handy and are perfect at giving me a much needed energy boost!  Pity I feel so bloated and heavy afterwards!  To try to avoid it I have been making sure I have loads of nuts, fruit and lean meat to hand...I feel so much better come bed time for having eaten properly and keep reminding myself of that whenever a craving kicks in!




FITNESS


I have been (attempting) to up the ante in terms of fitness this week and have been slowly clocking up miles for my #100BYSUMMER -walking 100 miles by 8th June!  On bank holiday Monday we headed off to Glenarm Forest with Alan and Eva helping me along! 


I have also been adding some Tone It Up Workouts (available on YouTube) to my weekly routine.  If you can get past the pose-y, let's run around the beach introductions, they are really good tough workouts and are short (10 - 25 mins) so are fantastic for fitting in when Eva is napping.  I can already feel the effects on my stomach and hips.  

I have also done a couple of the Tone It Up Yoga Routines too.  They are fab fitness and strength wise but I struggle calling them yoga as whilst all the poses are there, there seems to be a distinct lack of talk around breath and alignment.  So it's pretty much just doing yoga moves on an exercise mat: which isn't really yoga, but sometimes that's OK.


Onwards and upwards to next week, peeps! See you on Instrgram @margaretsblanket. Xx

Post a Comment

Instagram

Margaret's Blanket. Theme by STS.