BEAUTY // WINTER SKIN ROUTINE


I have been trying to get my skin in some kind of order since the weather got colder and the heating came on - that dastardly heating.   My main skin issues, as always, were super (and I mean bad) dehydration, fine lines and a dull, grey complexion.  Here's how I got on....

REN Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Water - I got this Micellar Water free with some other REN purchases in M&S and have been using it as my first evening cleanse (make-up removal).  While its gentle on the skin and eyes it does leave a slight stickiness and I feel like I have to rub too hard to remove all of my mascara. Probably wouldn't purchase if I'm honest - sorry REN!

REN Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser - this is rich creamy cleanser and has been great for me for colder days when my skins has been parched.  It's quite perfumed which might put some off but it works into the skin well and used with a wash cloth leaves skins clean and refreshed feeling. 

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion - Acid Exfoliant that gentle sloughs dead skins away. I use this twice a day and my skin definitely looks all the perkier and brighter for it - it's gentler than traditional exfoliating scrubs and leaves the skins soft and ready for hydration.  Alcohol free.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief - I bought this initially as a moisturiser but it offered no-where near as much hydration as I needed so I've been using it as a treatment instead.  It plumps up my skin after toning but before my face oil and moisturiser.  It's pretty damn good at it too - just weirdly not as a traditional moisturiser.

REN Vita-Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Oil - I wanted to try this face oil after a review by Caroline Hirons and I have to say I haven't been disappointed.  With extracts of vitamins  A and E, and Omegas 3,6,and 9 I apply a small amount underneath my moisturiser and the results after only 4 weeks have been phenomenal.  It melts into the skins and leaves it hydrated, dewy and soft, soft, soft.

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Fragrance Free Moisturiser Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...this is a great bog-standard moisturiser.  I wasn't looking for anything too fancy when I choose this and to be honest I'm not overly thrilled that it contains a little mineral oil but it certainly does what its promises - and well.  Since using this cream I feel like my skin is protected from the elements and it's a good top-coat for my other products. 

Post a Comment

Instagram

Margaret's Blanket. Theme by STS.